|Simple Roast Fennel with Easy Green Eggs and Avocado|
Simple Roast Fennel
1 large fennel bulk
salt and pepper
chilli flakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Slice the fennel bulb into approx 1cm thick slices.
3. Place slices onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Use hands to mix and massage the oil into the fennel so it is evenly coated.
5. Arrange fennel slices in one layer on the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and chilli flakes if using.
6. Roast in oven for about 30mins, turning once halfway. I like my fennel slightly firm and retaining its shape but for a softer roast and crispier edges leave them in the oven for another 15-20mins.
Above I have served it on the side of Easy Green Eggs and avocado for a quick lunch.