|Confit of Duck Leg|
Confit of Duck
Gluten-free, Grain-free, Dairy-free, Nut-free
2 duck breasts or legs
1/4 tsp Chinese five spice
1. Pat skin of duck dry with kitchen towels.
2. Using a sharp knife prick the skin all over, making sure not to pierce the meat underneath. This is to release the fat under the skin allowing the skin to crisp up.
3. Salt the duck well (use more salt than seems right!) with a layer of salt all over the skin, then sprinkle evenly with Chinese five spice powder.
4. Place duck, skin-side up, in a small ovenproof dish where the duck can sit side by side snugly without overlapping. Leave the duck to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 140 degrees celsius, 285 degrees farenheit.
6. Bake duck for 90 minutes.
7. Turn up oven temperature to 190 degrees celsius, 375 degrees farenheit and continue baking for 15 minutes. Keep an eye on the duck when oven is hot as ovens vary - remove from oven when skin is crisp.
|Confit of Duck Breast with Roast Roots and Asparagus|
Here I served it with roast squash, parsnips and asparagus for my Valentine's dinner.