|Citrus Quinoa Salad|
This salad is handy for speedy lunches and any extras can be packed in a tupperware container for lunch on the go.
Citrus Quinoa Salad
Grain-free, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Nut-free
400ml boiling water
50g coriander, finely chopped
1/2 bell pepper finely diced
1 spring onion, finely sliced
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
small handful of dried unsweetened raisins or cranberries (optional)
(Optional: 75g toasted pistachios, pine nuts or any other nut of choice)
1. Rinse quinoa until water runs clear.
2. Place quinoa in a saucepan with the boiling water.
3. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until water has evaporated and quinoa grains are fluffy. Leave to cool.
4. Whisk together olive oil, tahini, lemon juice and red wine vinegar.
5. Pour dressing over cooled quinoa and add the peppers, spring onion and coriander (and raisins/ cranberries if using). Mix well to combine.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add any nuts just before serving to preserve crunch.