This can be used both as a lovely vegetarian main or as a vegetable side. Feel free to substitute the pumpkin seeds for another seed and toast them if you have both time and a penchant for extra crunch. I love to eat mine alongside a big salad as a main or with a quick sautee of vegetables when the idea of washing a pan isn't too hard work! Lazy? Very!
|Tahini Aubergine with Parsley and Pumpkin Seeds|
Tahini Aubergine with Parsley and Pumpkin Seeds
Grain-free, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Refined Sugar-free, Nut-free
|Subsisuting the pumpkin seeds with sesame seeds|
1 medium aubergine, washed, dried and sliced in half lengthways
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
1 tbsp EVOO
2-3 tbsp raw unhulled tahini (no added salt or sugar)
2 tbsp raw unsalted pumpkin seeds (toasted if preferred)
small bunch flat leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius, 350 degrees farenheit.
2. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or lightly grease with coconut oil.
3. Pat dry the sliced side of each aubergine half with kitchen paper then lay with cut side up on baking tray.
4. Drizzle over EVOO evenly and sprinkle over salt.
5. Bake in preheated oven for approx 30 minutes, or until top is browned and aubergine is cooked and soft all the way through.
6. Transfer to serving plates, drizzle with tahini as preferred and scatter with pumpkin seeds and parsley. Serve as a simple lunch alongside a big salad or serve as a vegetable side.