Skip to main content

Pumpkin Pie Hidden Vegetable Smoothie Bowl

Why I bothered to state the obvious about 'hidden vegetables' in the title is a mystery to me given I hide vegetables in every meal!

Pumpkin Pie Hidden Vegetable Smoothie Bowl


Pumpkin Pie Hidden Vegetable Smoothie Bowl
Grain-free, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Refined Sugar-free

Makes 1 large bowl or 2 smaller bowls

... Topped with goji berries, hemp hearts, cacao nibs, pistachio, donut peach, edible flowers and fennel fronds

Ingredients:
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (unsweetened, no additives)
1 ripe small banana, frozen in discs
1 stick celery including leaves, roughly chopped
3" courgette aka zucchini (option to peel to give a prettier coloured snoothie), roughly chopped
2" cucumber
1/4 ripe avocado, peeled and destoned
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp lucuma
1/2 - 1 cup coconut milk (or non dairy milk of choice)

optional toppings: seeds, fresh or dried fruit, nuts as preferred

Instructions:
1. Blend all smoothie ingredients together in a high speed blender, adjusting thickness with coconut milk.
2. Decant into a bowl and top as liked. Enjoy immediately.

Comments

  1. I made a "what was in my fridge" version of this today. Super yummy, and I even got my husband to have some. I'm on my own imperfect paleo journey as well - thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome (sorry I don't know your name!). Good luck on your journey and such fab news you managed to get husband on board too! x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment