Skip to main content

From Blog to Print, Virtual to Tangible, Online to Paper

However I want to put it, I cannot begin to convey the joy of feeling my recipes on a physical page and seeing them on a store shelf - albeit bound within a tome of a myriad other unknown recipe creators and writers with little by way of acknowledgement and even less by way of pay (I got a free copy of the magazine!) - but that's beside the point! My recipes are in print! In a magazine available to buy (not given away for free for people to use in papier mache projects)! And in major retailers in England (not just via obscure online subscriptions)! Yay, yay, yay!!!
My Whole Orange and Butternut Squash Breakfast Muffins as featured in PaleoDiet Bible Magazine

I took a photo of the shelf in my local (and rather small) WHSmith as evidence, where it sits alongside esablished publications like 'BBC good food', 'delicious food magazine' and 'olive magazine'. I could not be happier seeing Paleo based eating hitting the mainstream, rubbing shoulders with the old stalwarts of Vegetarian, Gluten-free and Baking magazines.

'PaleoDiet Bible' Magazine

It features seven of my recipes from this blog:

Whole Orange and Butternut Squash Breakfast Muffins

Paleo Parsnip and Rosemary Bread

Chocolate Orange Bites

Orange and Cashew Chicken Baby Gem Boats

Paleo Beef Stroganoff

Coconut Chilli Chicken and Greens

Asian Style Dressing
My Whole Orange and Butternut Squash Breakfast Muffins alongside the featured recipe

Though I didn't have any say in which of my recipes were included (or excluded!) I do still love and often make and eat all of the recipes featured.

BUT... is it bad that I am slightly embarassed about the quality of some of my older recipe photos? I'm certainly no expert now and am always in awe at the amazing food photography of so many food bloggers out there but this blog was initially intended as a log of my own recipes for myself and my family and this is decidedly obvious in some of the pictures used in this magazine.

I still take all my photos in a rush, using just my iPad covered in fingerprints, with the impatient demands of young children as a constant backdrop. However, with each new blog post I feel the food deserves more respect in its presentation to the outside world. So much for the old adage about not judging books by their covers and all that but the fact is that if the photo of a dish doesn't do it justice then no one will bother to give it a go.

Increasingly my desire for recipe sharing and for this blog is to spread the message of real food eating to a wider audience - real food is not complicated, it can be simple and delicious and most importantly, nutritious and supporting of wellness and good health.

So, to anyone who reads the PaleoDiet Bible, please forgive my amateur photography but do still give the recipes a go and I wish you so much happiness in your individual and unique health journey.

x

Comments